Huaira Caspi Cedrelinga catenaeformis, tornillo (why-ra cas-pee)
We can sometimes get caught up in loops of negative or fearful thinking. This can spiral out and create mental unease. Remembering unpleasant experiences from the past and projecting those fears into a future which is unknown. This bears no connection to what is actually happening in the present and a disconnect from our hearts. We journey from past to future forgetting that spending time in the here and now, the only place that we will find any true peace, even if just for a moment. The energy of this tree is light and airy and its name translates as the ‘air’ tree. It can bring a breeze of freshness to the mind, calming the senses and allowing us to move into a more relaxed and calm state of being. The head medicine spirit of this tree is an African looking doctor spirit. The colour associated with this essence is green, representing this trees ability to balance the heart and mind. This colour is peaceful and relaxing.
Each essence has been prepared with its own medicine song, an icaro. Icaros are a form of communication between the shaman and the spirit world. The icaro is used to set the healing intention and to ask the tree for assistance. Each essence has been uniquely created by choosing certain qualities of each tree and calling forth its medicine with the icaro.
Other traditional uses
The name of this tree in Quechua translates as ‘air tree’. This tree can grow to 40m tall. It forms large buttresses at the base of its trunk. It is found in areas of high jungle and restingas (areas of jungle which stay dry when the surrounding land becomes flooded by the high river level). The bark of this tree, along with other plants, is macerated in sugar cane alcohol in the treatment of cancer. The Kokama tribe burn the tree bark and use the ashes to heal wounds. They also apply the resin on fractures to heal broken bones. The Tikuna tribe apply the resin directly onto wounds. The resin of this tree is also used by shamans to treat gastro-intestinal problems.
This tree is a sacred teacher plant and used by shamans for its curative/spiritual qualities. It can be used as part of a shamanic dieta or as an admixture to Ayahuasca.
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
- Let go
- This helps me to let go of negative programming
- Very recommendable
- I like Huaira Caspi Essence very much for purposes, when "centering in heart" is needed... A very helpful and great product!
- Very intersting essence
Was quite unclear for me to handle. I guess maybe was diet wasn't so good but overall huaira caspi appear as a serious teacher.
Was waking me at nights in order to teach me things.
Some of teachings are strongly resonate within me.
- Healing my heart
- Huaira Caspi is helping me to heal my heart... First it is much easier to open a hurted heart, secondly I have the impression, that there is a special kind of protection coming from Huaira Caspi - I take it regularly and I am very grateful about it.
- shamanic initiation?
- This is my second time using Huairi Caspi. MY first time was more gentle but this time was one of most mind blowing experience of my life. Basically some kind of shamanic initiation event where the tree came to me in dream and started teaching me how to heal people then woke me up and gave me recipe after recipe for cures. Was the most powerful experience ive had with any of the essences - ayahuasca-esque- and its changed my opinion about plant medicine in ways im still trying to understand.
- Huaira caspi is a very bright and high vibration tree , I've found it clears the mind of thought patterns and helps you to really listen to your environment , stop and observe.
- passage to the heart through fear
- ive had a lot of fear since a very hard ceremony 2 years ago. this plant brought me to that place of fear. i thought to myself - ' oh no this is terrible. i didnt want to come back here' but then the plant centered me in my heart and the fear crumbled to rubble. i felt like i showed up to a fight with my big brother. humbled and grateful. an amazing ally. will be doing more of this
- Huaira Caspi was one of the trees that I connected deeply with while in the Amazon, so I love adding this one in my meditation or dieta practices from time to time when I'm feeling "stuck" or need a little help pulling myself out of my head and back into my heart.
- More focused
- So ive been taking the Huaira Caspi sacred tree essence for a week now and have been feeling more focused in terms of my work. I have also felt it is useful for breaking cycles of behavior in my case smoking cannabis. My moods have been up and down however I have leveled out towards the end of the week. The diet is a good lesson in self control and I think together with the essence it makes you more conscious of your behavior. I also had a dry patch of skin that was red and itchy on my forehead which faded a lot over the course of the week. All in all feeling good.